Saint Bridget of Sweden
Promises of Christ to
Pope Benedict XV expressed himself as follows on the Revelations of St. Bridget:
"The approbation of such revelations implies nothing more than, after mature examination, it is permissible to publish them for the unit of the faithful. Though they don't merit the same credence as the truths of religion, one can, however, believe them out of human faith, conforming to the rules of prudence by which they are probable, and supported by sufficient motives that one might believe in them piously."
The 14th of June 1303, at the moment Bridget was born, Benedict, the curate of Rasbo, prayed for the happy deliverance ot Ingeborde. Suddenly, as he prayed for the happy enveloped by a luminous cloud out of which Our Lady appeared:
"A child has been born at Birger; her voice will be heard by the entire world
Sagii, die XXIV Aprilis 1903
F.J. GIRARD, V.G.These Prayers and these Promises have copied from a book printed in Toulouse in 1740 ad published by the P. Adrien Parvilliers of the Company of Jesus, Apostolic Missionary of the Holy Land, with approbation, permission and recommendation to distribute them.
Parents and teachers who will read them to young infants for at east one year will read them to young infants for at least one year will assure their being preserved for life from any grave accident which would involve the loss of one of their five senses.
Pope Pius IX took cognizance of these Prayers with the prologue; he approved them May 31, 1862, recognizing them as true and for the good of souls.
This sentence of Pope Pus IX has been confirmed by the realization of the promises by all persons who have recited the prayers and by numerous supernatural facts by which God wanted to make known their exact truth. A collection of small books, these prayers among them, was approved by the Great Congress of Malines on August 22, 1863.
Question: Must one recite the Prayers everyday without interruption to obtain the privileges?
Answer: One should miss saying them as few times as possible; but if for a serious reason one is obliged to miss them, as long as one recites 5480 Prayers during the year. One must say them with devotion ad concentrate on the words one pronounces.
These prayers can serve as the Way of the Cross.
to the Church of St. Paul at Rome can see the crucifix, above the
in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, sculptured by Pierre Cavallini, before
which St. Bridget knelt when she received these 15 Prayers from Our
The following inscription is placed in the church to commemorate the
"Pendentis, Pendente Dei verba acepit et verbum corde Brigitta Deum.
As St. Bridget for a long time wanted to know the number of blows Our Lord received during His Passion, He one day appeared to her and said: "I received 5480 blows on My Body. If you wish to honor them in some way, say 15 Our Fathers and 15 Hail Marys with the following Prayers (which He taught her) for a whole year. When the year is up, you will have honored each one of My Wounds."
Our Lord made the following promises to anyone who recites the 15 St. Bridget Prayers for a whole year:
1. I will deliver 15 souls of his lineage from Purgatory.
2. 15 souls of his lineage will be confirmed and preserved in grace.
3. 15 sinners of his lineage will be converted.
4. Whoever recites these Prayers will attain the first degree of perfection.
5. 15 days before his death I will give him My Precious Body in order that he may escape eternal starvation; I will give him My Precious Blood to drink lest he thirst eternally.
6.15 days before his death he will feel a deep contrition for all his sins and will have a perfect knowledge of them.
7.I will place before him the sign of MY Victorious Cross for his help and defense against the attack!
8. Before his death I shall come with My Dearest Beloved Mother.
9. I shall graciously receive his soul, and will lead it into eternal joys.
10. And having led it there I shall give him a special draught from the fountain of My Deity, something I will not for those who have not recited My Prayers.
11. Let it be known that whoever may have been living in a state of mortal sin for 30 years, but who will recite devoutly, or have the intention to recite these Prayers, the Lord will forgive him all his sins.
12. I shall protect him from strong temptations.
13. I shall preserve and guard his 5 senses.
14. I shall preserve him from a sudden death.
15. His soul will be delivered from eternal death.
16. He will obtain all he asks for from God and the Blessed Virgin.
17. If he has lived all his life doing his own will and he is to die the next day, his life will be prolonged.
18. Every time one recites these Prayers he gains 100 days indulgence.
19. He is assured of being joined to the supreme Choir of Angels.
20. Whoever teaches these Prayers to another, will have continuous joy and merit which will endure eternally.
There where these Prayers are being said or will be said in the future
God is present with His grace.
VIEW THE ORIGINAL STAINED GLASS WINDOW FROM WHICH OUR OUR GRAPHIC WAS EXTRAPOLATED
HOME-------THE HOLY FACE---------STATIONS OF THE CROSS