"The Penny Catechism"
CATECHISM FOR BEGINNERS
Part II CATECHISM PROPER
60. How are sins committed after Baptism forgiven?
Sins committed after Baptism are forgiven in the Sacrament of Penance.
61. What must we do to receive the Sacrament of Penance?
To receive the Sacrament of Penance we must be sorry for our sins and confess them to a priest.
(See HERE for manner of going to confession.)
62. What should make us sorry for our sins?
Our love for God and our fear of His punishment should make us sorry for our sins.
63. Who gave priests the power to forgive sin?
Our Lord gave priests the power to forgive sin.
64. What sins must we tell in confession?
In confession we must tell all our big sins, but it is well to tell also our little sins.
65. When is a confession bad?
A confession is bad if we are not sorry for our sins or if we conceal a big sin.
66. What must we do if we made a bad confession?
If we made a bad confession we must confess that we made a bad confession and then we must repeat all our sins since our last good confession.
67. How can sins be forgiven, if confession is impossible?
If confession is impossible, sins can be forgiven by an
ACT OF PERFECT CONTRITION.