"The Penny Catechism"
CATECHISM FOR BEGINNERS
Part II CATECHISM PROPER
3. GOD THE SON, THE BLESSED VIRGIN AND ST. JOSEPH
25. How did God the Son show His love for us?
God the Son showed His love for us by dying for our sins.
26. When did God the Son come to redeem us?
God the Son came to redeem us, when He was born in a stable at Bethlehem over 1900 years ago (Christmas).
27. What name has God the Son as God-man?
As God-man, God the Son has the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
28. Who is the Mother of Jesus?
The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of Jesus.
29. Who is St. Joseph?
St. Joseph is the foster-father of Jesus.
30. How did Jesus die for our sins?
Jesus was scourged, was crowned with thorns, and was crucified.
31. What must we do, to benefit by the death of Jesus?
To benefit by the death of Jesus we must belong to the Catholic Church and do as it tells us.